I just got an idea. Let’s try this out, fellow fic peeps. Post the following:
1) Something old- A blurb from one of the first fics you’ve ever written.
2) Something new- A snippet from something you’re currently working on, or from the last thing you posted.
3) Something borrowed- A scene or section of dialogue from another writer’s story. Maybe something that inspired you or resonated with you. (Credit the writer and link to it if possible, please.)
4) Something blue- C’mon, you know you’ve written a really gut-wrenching bit of angst at some point. Let’s hear the saddest or angstiest thing you’ve got. Alternatively? Tell us about the last time you described the color blue.
Tag whoever you can think of and get to reblogging. All fandoms/fanships welcome!
Something Old - This is from the first chapter I wrote of What Fates Impose, which is my first fic as Frea O’Scanlin. I have other names, but I’m not sharing anything Googlable. And I say first chapter I wrote, not the first chapter posted.
“What are we playing?”
“What respectable spies always play when bored.” Sarah rearranged her own cards. “Got any sevens?”
“You know what? I don’t. Go fish.”
Something New - The next chapter of Mrs. Cupid is kicking my ass because I tried to stray from my outline and my brain didn’t like that. But here, have a piece of it since I missed Sunday Six.
Three hours later, Oliver finished his last push-up, but since Felicity had her heels resting on his back, her feet crossed at the ankles, he stayed propped up.
“You make me feel like the laziest person on the planet, just so you know,” she said without looking away from the TV.
He smiled at the floor. “I’ll put the coffee table back in a minute.”
“You sure you don’t have another fifty push-ups in you first? Because I can hold onto this for another half hour or so.” She held up her glass of water.
Something Borrowed - Have I mentioned how much I love ne71 lately? Because I love ne71.
swalker218: Oh, be careful when you leave today. There are baby coyotes in the parking lot.
nrdhrdr01: Is that code?
nrdhrdr01: The penguins swim at dawn.
swalker218: The fire department caught one this morning.
nrdhrdr01: A penguin?
swalker218: No, a coyote.
nrdhrdr01: Did he have a big box with “Acme” stenciled on the side?
- Chuck vs. the Emoticon by ne71
Something Blue - Gah, I don’t really write deep down sad. And I don’t really describe colors much. This is from one of the saddest, to me, moments in What Fates Impose, which is when Chuck’s trust is broken into ten thousand little pieces. Uh, spoilers, by the way, if you’re looking to read Fates.
Some official language followed—Eyes Only, Top Secret, the usual bureaucratic bull crap—but Chuck’s eyes cut very quickly to the only important line of the memo.
Please note for the record that Walker, Officer Sarah, has been read into Project Lincoln operations, Level Echo and adjust her pay accordingly.
Chuck looked at the date.
17 October 2007.
Slowly, he put the gun down.
Let’s see, I will tag felicityremarkablesmoak, donotwasteacrumb, enigma731, sugarfey, intosnarkness, isjustprogress, shenshen77. Tagged by rosietwiggs! Thanks, Rosie!