Manu Bennett doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge at DragonCon (x)
GIVE ME A TITLE IN MY ASKBOX
- QUEEN/KING OF _____???
- PRINCESS/PRINCE OF _____???
- EMPRESS/EMPEROR OF _____???
- HEIR TO _____???
- GOD/GODDESS OF _____???
- OVERLORD OF _____???
- GUARDIAN/PROTECTOR OF ____???
- THE PATRON SAINT OF ____???
- MASTER/MISTRESS OF ____???
James Lopez is a veteran Disney animator (The Lion King, Pocahontas, Paperman) who is trying to raise funding for his primarily hand-drawn short film, Hullabaloo, with hopes of eventually finding a studio to fund a full-length version.
From the film’s IndieGo page:
Hullabaloo is the story of Veronica Daring, a brilliant young scientist who returns home from an elite finishing school to find her father—the eccentric inventor Jonathan Daring—missing without a trace! The only clue left behind points Veronica toward Daring Adventures, an abandoned amusement park used by her father to test his fantastical steam-powered inventions. There she discovers a strange girl named Jules, a fellow inventor who agrees to help Veronica in locating her missing father and discovering the secrets of his work.
In addition to helping save 2D animation, Hullabaloo aims to encourage girls to explore science and adventure. The film’s two protagonists are both young women and both scientists who use their intellect, wits, and courage to fight greed and corruption. We hope that Veronica Daring and her friend Jules will serve as positive role models for girls of all ages and encourage them to get excited about science, engineering, and sci-fi.
To see some footage and a short video pitch from Lopez, click here.
did i write this when i was drunk because i don’t remember sending this to myself but this absolutely sounds like me, maybe ur my twin accidentally separated at birth??? what’s ur hair color. do u have a cleft in ur chin lik me????
My question is why anyone would go out and create a Finn Collins. Like, you’re turning a book into a TV show, how do you get into the place where you say to your writers “You know what this needs? A white dude who committed a serious crime, but it’s like a cool crime, okay? Who cares that he’s contributing to hundreds of deaths of innocent people, he’s a rebel and the chicks love him, everyone loves him. This really awesome girl is gonna be his girlfriend, and our main female character is also gonna fall for him and they’ll hook up, because score. But he’s not a cheating scumbag because he loves them both, okay? He’s a nice guy who doesn’t want to hurt them, it’s not his fault he can’t stay faithful to his totally awesome girlfriend. Hey, we should kill this black kid and just basically give him all of his lines. Do you think I can get away with calling him Jason?”
I am weeping. Everything about this is perfect. You are perfect. Marry me.
Also, if Finn was supposed to work as a ‘moral-compass’ of sorts for the group which is what a lot of people view him as, introducing him telling us he committed a Pretty Serious Crime considering the oxygen problem on the Ark for fun, being reckless to the point of getting two kids killed and lying and cheating on two of the strongest female characters on the show was really not the way to go. He’s faced very little consequences for what he’s done. He never mentioned to Clarke or felt remorse for wasting all that oxygen on a joy walk even after knowing life support was tight up there. He didn’t even bury the kids who got killed. It’s not fair that he get to get away with all that and think himself better than the rest because he’s a pacifist while characters like Bellamy, Clarke and Raven have to deal with compromising their morality for the greater good of the group.
Tagged by mystarsandmyocean!
- your name and user name
- where are you from?
- pronounce the following words: aunt, roof, route, theater, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, new orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, pajamas, caught, naturally, aluminium, gif, tumblr, crackerjack, doorknob, envelope
- what is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- what is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
- what do you call gym shoes?
- what do you call your grandparents?
- what do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- what is the thing you change the TV channel with?
- choose a book and read a passage from it
- do you think you have an accent?
- be a wizard or a vampire?
- do you know anyone on tumblr in real life?
- end audio post by saying any three words you want
So I love writing and reading AUs. They’re delicious and multi-faceted, like that latte from your favorite coffee shop. You know, the one you write into all your coffee shop AUs.
The goal of this meme is to write 50 AU fics. There’s no time limit, no deadline. It might take you a month; it might take you a year. That’s okay—we all write at different paces. The point of this exercise is to get you to A) do some research, B) flex your creative muscles and C) have fun. Write a drabble, write an epic, write something in between. Write for multiple fandoms. Write for a single fandom. It’s up to you.
There are a couple of ground rules.
- Each fic MUST include at least three characters from the source material. They obviously need to be as in character as they can be, so if your OTP doesn’t quite fit the AU, maybe use different characters instead!
- In order to complete the meme, you have to write a fic for each AU scenario. There might be a couple of free spaces on there for you to do with as you choose (create your own prompt and write for it), but otherwise please only write AUs that are listed. Don’t worry, there’s 50 of them. You’ll find inspiration for at least thirty
- Tag your fic with #50ausmeme so I can read them!
Now, here are the AUs.
- group therapy au
- political drama au
- beyonce fans au
- retail workers au
(real or imagined) ghosts haunting protagonist au
dual-time romance au
- tombstone, arizona au
- pantheon/mythology au
- time loop au
- scheherazade au
- sex workers au
- indie record store au
- fairy tale au
- revenge fantasy au
high school au
criminal masterminds au
- guardian angels au
- falling in love with the literal devil au
- senior citizens au
- woodstock au
- futuristic au
- corporate executives au
- supermodels au
- country living au
international spies au
- chefs au
- zombies au
- lawyers au
- ancient times au
- haunted house au
- domesticity au
- dystopian society au
- sharing a cab au